I’ve seen many Facebook/Twitter friends post this story from Newsweek:
The implication is that if not for Sanders supporters, Hillary Clinton would be POTUS, not Trump. It wasn’t Bernie Sanders supporters that sunk the Clinton campaign. It also wasn’t the fault of:
- the Democratic National Committee (DNC), who tipped the scales during the primary for Clinton.
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s rigging of the primary for Clinton.
- the lack of an anti-racist candidate with a day one plan for racial justice.
- the DNC’s memo that gave suggestions on how to ignore Black Lives Matter activists.
- Donna Brazile’s leaking of debate questions to the Clinton campaign during the primary debates.
- Bernie Bros.
- #neverhillary voters.
- third party voters
- Sanders’ racist dog whistle of “going beyond identity politics” in an attempt to sway racist white voters.
- DNC lawyers admitting they would be well within their rights to rig primaries and select their own candidate.
- Russian “hacking.”
- Clinton supporters putting out the myth of violent Sanders supporters.
- Republican voter suppression.
- a corrupt superdelegate system.
- an archaic electoral college system.
- 53% of white women voting Trump, or Clinton under-performing with Latinos or African Americans.
No, it’s not any one of those things…IT’S ALL OF THEM. It was a team effort.